An ideal boat carpet material
Composite boat carpet
Composite boat carpet is a unique floor covering available in a variety of visually appealing designs which combine the best features of both vinyl and carpet. The nylon fibres in composite carpet stand completely upright preventing dirt and allergens getting stuck in the pile. It is unlike any other composite marine flooring providing comfort, durability and slip resistance. Other carpet material will commonly soak up stains but composite carpet is 100% waterproof and spillages will settle on the impervious backing to allow easy clean ups. In addition, This carpet has superb heat retention so it will retain warmth making it pleasant to walk on barefoot. The excellent sound insulation will deaden engine vibration noise in the cockpit making life that little more pleasant afloat. These easy cleaning and sound insulation properties combined with the durability of a vinyl make this material perfect for cockpit and general boat flooring. Even though it will not fray it can be edge bound just like the more traditional forms of boat carpet which provides that nautical look. Stainless steel poppers can also be easily fitted so your new carpet can be held in place. Take a look at our collection and choose from a wide variety of colours to suit your boat.
- Smooth textile velour surface that is comfortable, warm and soft underfoot
- Excellent slip resistance and acoustic properties
- 100% waterproof, impervious backing makes it suitable for wet cleaning
- Durable construction using nylon 6.6
- Easy to repair damaged areas
- Anti microbial. It has been awarded the acclaimed Allergy UK seal of approval.
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Extensive standard colour range
- Attractive variety of designs